Monday, June 1, 2009

Do I Need A Tax Attorney?

If you have tax debt, you may be wondering if you need to hire a tax attorney. If you need to go to tax court to resolve you tax problems, then yes, only an attorney can represent you. However, if you like most taxpayers with tax debt, you just need help resolving your tax debt with the IRS, you need an Enrolled Agent. An Enrolled Agent is a tax professional who has passed a set of exams administered by the IRS. An Enrolled Agent can represent you before the IRS and help you obtain the best possible resolution of your tax debt.

Enrolled Agents are familiar with the IRS policies and procedures and can assist those with tax debt in situations where a tax attorney or CPA is not required. Effectur is a company that employs Enrolled Agents (s0me of our EAs are former IRS employees). Use the link above to the Effectur site and get answers to your tax debt questions and see how to contact a tax consultant to help you on your way to resolving your tax debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment